Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad

I love this recipe.  I don't stick to the quantities closely and add more or less of whatever I want.  By the time I've added more of everything I like, there is no bowl in the house large enough for this salad.  (It does make a lot.  But we've never had a problem finishing it.)  It's a favorite in the summer.  Perfect for outdoor parties with the neighbors. 

5 Cups chicken (approx 3 grilled chicken breasts)
2 Cups of grapes (I use red grapes cut in half so their easier to fork)
2 Cups celery
7 - 9 oz. pasta (I use the spirals or bow-ties and rinse immediately after cooking so it doesn't stick)
1 jar artichoke hearts
3-5 green onions chopped
1/2 c. toasted and slivered almonds

Dressing:  1/2 c. oil, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/4 c. sugar (I use less), 2 TBL parsley, 2 TBL white wine vinegar (I use whatever I have), 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. dried onion

Eat at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment