Sunday, April 3, 2011

My new favorite tacos

I've never been a fan of ground beef - so Taco salad, tacos etc. have never been my favorite. But I love this recipe using ground turkey and beans and my kids love it too. We've used it for taco salads, tostadas, burritos etc. (I got this recipe from Jessica Seinfeld via Oprah....)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound ground turkey
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 can pinto beans (I use whatever I have red, kidney, black - just be sure to rinse them first)

Heat olive oil over med-high heat.  Add onion and cook (3-4 min).  Add turkey and cook (5-6 min). Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper and beans and continue to cook, stirring until heated through. 

Eat with chips, tortillas, or taco shells and top with salsa, lettuce, avacado, cheese, sour cream, olives, fresh tomatoes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment